“I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
“I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” –Matthew 16:19; 18:18
For more about our important role as prayer warriors see this post,
“Keys To The Kingdom”
During the week of Monday 5/1 through Sunday 5/7, many of SAGC Prayer Group members joined in prayer to bind the enemy’s evil forces which oppress creation, and to loose the animals to the Lord for their liberation. We also prayed to bind the evil powers which deceive humans into committing, supporting, and covering up cruelty, and loose all people to Jesus, so they can know and reflect His truth and love. We focused our prayer on specific issues facing animals, detailed in our Prayer List.
As we prayed for the animals to be loosed into freedom from tyranny, we also prayed to remain hopeful for God’s promise to restore His good creation, and express thanks for our calling to take part in that redemptive plan now! Read more in this blog post, First Time – Freedom From Tyranny.
The SAGC blog offers helpful resources for understanding and enhancing prayer, like the Fasting Outline. Fasting is not necessary to participate or to pray in these events, but it can be a powerful spiritual discipline with many great benefits.
The prayer event was followed by our prayer meeting free phone call. For more about the monthly prayer events and prayer meeting calls, please see our page dedicated to them with instructions for the phone call; it is also listed on the SAGC blog under the tab “Prayer.”
Specifics of the Prayer Event
Uplifting, encouraging scripture was shared during the event, including SAGC’s rendition of “Daniels Prayer”. We acknowledged our need for the Creator; for his mercies and his provision. We rejoiced in his promises to return, ending Satan’s reign, reconciling ALL creation to himself. We prayed:
- For our brothers and sisters, of whatever species, who are broken and in pain
- For people who have abandoned God through doubt that He exists or in despair as a result of the Church’s apparent indifference
- For those Christians as yet unmoved by animal suffering
- That in Jesus Christ, all may be healed
- That doubt and despair may be swept away by the reality of the Cross; God’s own suffering, necessary to redeem His world
- That we may live a joyful realisation of the significance in Christ’s bodily resurrection for ALL Creation
- For grace that we may play our part in reflecting His love to our fellow creatures
- For Jesus Vegans CAWS event, Event Center, community and members
- For animals abandoned in weather disasters, such as factory farmed animals in floods
- For animals being abused by human power in people’s homes; for people to see animal companions as family members
- For the legislative processes and better laws protecting animals; for animal advocates; for our president to instead seek to protect our oceans/wildlife/environment rather than eliminate protections/oversight of industry
- For consumers eyes and hearts to be opened and start voting with their daily choices to end violence & suffering
- For industry leaders to awaken to the cruelty they impose upon animals for food, clothing, vivisection, sport, entertainment and more
- We celebrated the victory of Anita’s acquittal in Canada who out of compassion, gave water to pigs being transported to slaughter and was charged with criminal mischief for doing so
- For other’s to join our movement, a sense of urgency to rise up
- Specifically for Gajraj the chained elephant badly in need of rescue
To view the specifics of the prayer event, go here.
Thank you, shepherds of God’s creatures!
Scripture tells us that corporate prayer is powerful. In fact, the stronger the powers and principalities’ stronghold, the stronger or the more in number the force of prayer warriors on earth may need to be. Scripture is clear that he who lives in us is greater than he who lives in the world (1 John 4:4), yet God is looking for us to partner together with each other and with him to tear down evil forces and establish his will upon the earth:
Jesus taught that those who wish to make headway in tearing down this evil kingdom and in taking back the “property” of this “kingdom” must first tie up “the strong man” who oversees the whole operation (Mark 3:27). This could only be done when “one stronger than he attacks him and overpowers him” and thus “takes away his armor in which he trusted” (Luke 11:22). This is what Jesus understood himself to be doing by his teachings, healings, exorcisms and especially by his death and resurrection. His whole ministry was about overpowering the “fully armed” strong man who guarded “his property” (Luke 11:21)—the earth and its inhabitants who rightfully belong to God. – ReKnew.org
Thank you for reading, following, and sharing out blog, we appreciate you, and pray you are blessed by SAGC blog! Comments/questions are welcome! ~Jessica and Kathy
My calling as a Child of the Creator is to take the Gospel, as it relates to the WHOLE creation, to the world; and to remind the Church of its Biblical responsibilities to animals.
View all posts by Kathy →